Treoir | Design Brief
Design an interface between the body and Galway’s weather. The design is transportable, connected to the body.
The design will
- re-imagine the relationship between the body and weather in Galway
- change our behaviour in the wind, the rain and the dark
- challenge our attitudes and behaviour towards climate change and water management
- transform the everyday weather into performance
Questions to consider about your design:
- How does it affect my decision making around “it’s raining/windy/dark, will I go out or not?”
- Does it interact with the rain or wind?
- Does it create community?
- Does it use the wind and rain and dark to play?
- Do we have to protect ourselves from the elements?
- What if, instead of repelling and deflecting rain and wind, it captured, collected and transformed them?
- What is a weather-interface for moving around in the rain or wind like?
- What is a weather-interface for hanging out in the rain or wind like?
- What is a weather-interface for one or more bodies like?
- An mbaineann sé úsáid as Gaeilge, nó a tharraingíonn sé áird ar Ghaeilge?
Interdisciplinary collaborations and experimentation are welcome, as are uses of wearable technology or traditional crafts. There are no design or fabrication limitations or stipulations.